Pure social networking websites, like Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc., are not the only type of interactive websites anymore. User interaction on a website can be very important to the popularity – and increased popularity – of a website. It’s what can make your website stand out from the boring pure information websites. The top news websites, such as ABC News/NBC News, etc., have user interaction, and if you want traffic on your website, yours should too!
Here are 5 easy ways to make your website more interactive, a.k.a interesting!
1) Add a comments section to each page. You can choose to require members to login to post, or to provide an incentive to register while not losing any feedback/activity, just moderate the posts from anonymous users. You can easily add a comments section to any webpage and configure it the way you want with the UltimateWB comments app!
2) Add a mailing list form to your website. Let users who are interested in your content get updated on new content via email. You can make it easy to join the mailing list by just requiring an email address – and get more sign ups too! It’s easy adding a mailing list to your website, and composing and sending HTML mailers (without knowing HTML!) with the UltimateWB Mailing List App!
3) Add polls to your website! They are fun, aren’t they?! Fun to vote on, and fun to see a pretty bar graph of who voted what. Add polls related to your webpage content easily with the UltimateWB Polls App!
4) Allow other users/members to submit and post their own articles. Show and tell is fun. With the UltimateWB Articles App you can set this up easily, and configure the way you want. You can add a comments section to each article by default, or let each users decide whether to allow comments/ratings. There are lots of customization options with the UltimateWB Articles App, including setting a min/max text requirement, allowing text styling, photos, requiring member login, or just moderating anonymous submissions!
5) Integrate your own members/social networking app in your website. Allowing members to login, create their own profiles, be able to private message other members, “Like” (or “Unlike) other member comments, add other members as “Friends” or “Follow” them (whatever you want to call it), makes your website all the more familiar and special. You can do this easily with the UltimateWB members and social networking app and customize without knowing a line of code or even knowing what “php” is. How great is tbat?! Your website doesn’t have to look or work like everyone else’s and you don’t need to know coding. (Coders, don’t worry, you can add/edit your own custom coding with UltimateWB if you want!)
6) Integrate social media/social media plugins. This can help your content/webpage links get passed around. It’s easy to integrate Facebook Like/Share, Twitter, and Google +1 buttons in your website with UltimateWB. In many of the apps it is a built-in feature you can activate/customize positioning – such as in the articles app, polls app, forms/surveys app, classifieds app…etc. You can also copy/paste the code you get from Facebook/Twitter/Google or any other social media website, and integrate it in your website using the UltimateWB Ad(d)s App.
7) Make it easy for website visitors to register on your website to post comments, create their own profile, etc., with Social Login – allow members to login with Facebook or Google. With the UltimateWB Social Login App, you can also map the user’s profile fields over to their profile on your website, if you want.
8) Make sure your homepage gets updated with links/teasers to your new content. You can do this easily with the UltimateWB Feeds App, to embed the latest articles, classifieds, blog posts, and forum posts. You can even use the Feeds App to email the feeds to your mailing list!
9) SEO – your website has got to have SEO! SEO, three short letters, abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization, can make a big difference on how much traffic your website gets. It is possible to get your website ranked on the first page of Google, Yahoo, Bing, and the other top major search engines without spending lots of money on those “guaranteed” seo packages. UltimateWB comes with a built-in SEO tool. We have used to it to get first page ranking on Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc., for the website target keywords. Get some SEO tips here, on the Resources > User Manual: How to Guide for SEO.
Bonus tip: Also make sure your website has interesting content that people will want to know about and care about!