Web Designer Beginner To-Do Checklist:
1) Start out with the built-in Admin Panel > Configure Site > Templates to build out the sections of your website that you are interested in. You can customize the sections using your website admin panel.
2) Configure your website - fill in the form under the Admin Panel > Configure Site > Basic Setup page
3) Stylize your website - fill in the form under the Admin Panel > Configure Site > Styles Manager page
4) Add the pages you want; you can just add the pages and then later go in and add the content. You can do this under Admin Panel > Pages > Add Page.
5) You can add photos to your page and create photo categories for the page from the Add/Edit page, as well as from the Admin Panel > Photos section.
When uploading photos via the Add/Edit page, you can choose whether to link the photos to that specific page, or keep them inlinked, so that they appear on all the Add/Edit Page photos column to the left of the Content Editor box, for easy embedding to your page.
On the Add Photo Category form you can customize settings, besides choosing which page it is attached to. On the Add Photo form you can choose to add the photo to a Photo Category, or as inline to a Page / link it to a specific page.